Clinical Trials & Research
Dr. Ann Wierman - as Principal Investigator in Clinical Trials.
Consultant/Speaker for Novartis, Celgene and Genentech (2008-Present)
- Sponsor: Aventis/UW - A Phase III Randomized Study of Three Different Doses of Docetaxel as First Line Treatment in Metastatic Breast Cancer.
- Sponsor: Genentech - Clinical Outcomes in Patients with HER2 Gene-Amplified Metastatic Breast Cancer Treated with First Line Herceptin in Combination with a Taxane: A Phase IV Prospective, Community-Based Study.
- Sponsor: Celgene - A Multi-Center, Single-Arm, Open Label Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Single Agent CC-5013 in Subjects with Relapsed and Refractory Multiple Myeloma.
- Sponsor: Genentech - A Phase III Randomized, Double-Blind, Multi-Center Trial of OCI-774 Plus Chemotherapy (Carboplatin and Paclitaxel) vs. Chemotherapy Alone in Patients with Advanced (Stage IIIB or IV) Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Who Have Not Received Prior Chemotherapy.
- Sponsor: Novartis – Prospective, Multi-Center, Open-Label, Clinical Evaluation of the Effect of I.V. Zometa 4 mg on Pain, Quality of Life and Time in Infusion Chair with Breast Cancer, Multiple Myeloma and Prostate Cancer Patients with Cancer-Related Bone Lesions.
- Results of a Multicenter Open-Label Randomized Trial Evaluating Infusion Duration of Zoledronic Acid in Multiple Myeloma Patients (the ZMAX Trial).
- An Expanded Access Program For Lenalidomide Plus Dexamethasone In Previously Treated Subjects With Multiple Myeloma.
- Symptom Management and Supportive Care Safety and Pain Palliation of Zoledronic Acid in Patients with Breast Cancer, Prostate Cancer, or Multiple Myeloma Who Previously Received Bisphosphonate Therapy.
Dr. Ann Wierman - Clinical Trials with NCI/Nevada Cancer Research Foundation
- MERCK-Serono - 100070-001 - A phase I, open-label, multiple-ascending dose trial to investigate the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics, biological and clinical activity of Avelumab in subjects with metastatic or locally advanced solid tumors and expansion to selected indications.
- SWOG – S0702 A prospective observational multicenter cohort study to assess the incidence of osteonecrosis of the jaw (ONJ) in cancer patients with bone metastases starting Zoledronic acid treatment.
- GOG – Gynecologic Oncology Group - A randomized phase III trial of carboplatin and paclitaxel 175 mg/m2 Q 21 days x 3 courses versus the same regimen x 6 courses in patients with selected stage IC and II (A, B, C) and selected IA and IB ovarian cancer.
- CTSU-MA.27: A Randomized Phase III Trial of Exemestane versus Anastrozole in Postmenopausal Women with Receptor Positive Primary Breast Cancer.
- ECOG - PACCT-1, Program for the Assessment of Clinical Cancer Tests (PACCT-1): Trial Assigning Individualized Options for Treatment: The TAILORx Trial.
- SWOG S0221 Phase III Trial of Continuous Schedule AC+G vs Q2 Week Schedule AC, Followed by Paclitaxel Given Either Every 2 Weeks or weekly for 12 Weeks as Post-Operative Adjuvant Therapy in Node-Positive or High-Risk Node Negative Breast Cancer.
- NSABP R-04 A Phase III Clinical Trial Comparing Preoperative Radiation Therapy and Capecitabine with Preoperative Radiation Therapy and Continuous Intravenous Infusion (CVI) of 5-Fluorouracil (5-FU) in the Treatment of Patients with Operable Carcinoma of the Rectum.
- CALGB 9730 - Single-Agent Versus Combination Chemotherapy in Advanced NSCLC: A CALGB Randomized Trial of Efficacy, Quality of Life, and Cost-Effectiveness.
- DM97-022 MDA- MD Anderson - A Randomized Phase II Trial of Taxol/VP-16/Estramustine Vs. Ketoconazole/Doxorubicin/Vinblastine/Estramustine in Androgen Independent Prostate Cancer.
- NSABP-B23 A Clinical Trial Comparing Short Intensive AC ± Tamoxifen with Conventional CMF ± Tamoxifen in Node-Negative Breast Cancer Patients With ER-Negative Tumors.
- UMCC – University of Michigan Phase II Trial of Encapsulized Ginger as a Treatment for Chemotherpay Induced Nausea and Vomiting.
- NSABP B-38 A Phase III, Adjuvant Trial Comparing Three Chemotherapy Regimens in Women With Node-Positive Breast Cancer: Docetaxel/ Doxorubicin/Cyclophosphamide (TAC); Dose-Dense (DD) Doxorubicin/Cyclophosphamide Followed by DD Paclitaxel (DD AC -> P); DD AC Followed by DD Paclitaxel Plus Gemcitabine (DD AC -> PG).
- NSABP B-28A Randomized Trial Evaluating the Worth of Paclitaxel (Taxol) Following Doxorubicin (Adriamycin)/Cyclophosphamide in Breast Cancer Patients With Positive Axillary Nodes.
- CALGB 40101 Cyclophosphamide and Doxorubicin (AC 4 vs 6 Cycles) versus Paclitaxel (4 Weeks vs 6 Weeks) as Adjuvant Therapy for Women with Node-Negative Breast Cancer: A 2x2 Factorial Phase III Randomized Study.
- CALGB 9491- Postoperative Evaluation of 5-FU by Bolus Injection Vs. 5-FU by Prolonged Venous Infusion Prior to and Following Combined Prolonged Venous Infusion Plus Pelvic XRT Vs. Bolus 5-FU Plus Leucovorin Plus Levamisole Prior to and Following Combined Pelvic XRT in Patients with Rectal Cancer, Phase III Intergroup.
- CALGB 9741: A Randomized Phase III Trial of Sequential Chemotherapy Using Doxorubicin, Paclitaxel, and Cyclophosphamide or Concurrent Doxorubicin and Cyclophosphamide Followed by Paclitaxel at 14- or 21-Day Intervals in Women with Node Positive Stage II/IIIA Breast Cancer.
- CALGB 90206 A Randomized Phase III Trial of Interferon Alfa-2b or Interferon Alfa-2b plus Bevacizumab in Patients with Advanced Renal Carcinoma.
- GOG 150, A Phase III Randomized Study of Whole Abdominal Radiotherapy (War) versus Combination Ifosfamide-Mesna with Cisplatin in Optimally Debulked Stage I, II, III or IV Carcinosarcoma (CS) of the Uterus.
- NSABP B-34 A Clinical Trial Comparing Adjuvant Clodronate Therapy vs Placebo in Early-Stage Breast Cancer Patients Receiving Systemic Chemotherapy and/or Tamoxifen or No Therapy.
- NSABP-C06 A Clinical Trial Comparing Oral Uracil/Ftorafur (UFT) Plus Leucovorin (LV) with 5-Fluorouracil (5-FU) Plus LV in the Treatment of Patients with Stages II and III Carcinoma of the Colon.
- NSABP LTS-01, Patient Reported Outcomes in Long-Term Survivors with Colon and Rectal Cancer.
- ECOG E2804-The BeST Trial: A Randomized Phase II Study of VEGF, RAF kinase, and mTOR Combination Targeted Therapy (CTT) with Bevacizumab, Sorafenib and Temsirolimus in Advance Renal Cell Carcinoma.
- CALGB 90104 A Randomized Phase III Study Comparing Sequential Chemotherapy (AG-TP) to Cisplatin and Gemcitabine (GC) as Adjuvant Treatment After Cystectomy for Transitional Cell Carcinoma of the Bladder.
- NSABP C-08 A Phase III Clinical Trial Comparing Infusional 5-Fluorouracil (5-FU), Leucovorin, and Oxaliplatin (mFOLFOX6) Every Two Weeks With Bevacizumab to the Same Regimen Without Bevacizumab for the treatment of Patients With Resected Stages II and III Carcinoma of the Colon.